Thursday, December 11
Benson Kyle Sprouse
Here he is!! Our son, Benson! He is one month old and has blessed our lives so much already. He has definitely been worth all the pain that I went through.
November 10th, Monday, I was experiencing back labor and after an hour of realizing what was going on I called my mom and told her what was happening. She told me just to lie down. So I did, and timed my contractions. They were about 7 minutes apart. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the hospital. While this was happening, Kyle was at Subway getting lunch; so when he came home I told him we needed to go to the hospital. He wasn't taking me seriously. He was scarfing his sandwich down and said, "Okay get in the car, I'll be there in a minute." Being a little annoyed, I just breathed through my contractions and waited patiently to get on the road. I had about 4 contractions on the way to the hospital. Kyle didn't know what to think. I think he was getting nervous. Keep in mind, I was 34 weeks along. It was four o'clock when we got to the hospital, I had a few more contractions and when the nurses finally checked me, I was dilated to 2! They told me we needed to stop the contractions and put me on Magnesium Sulfate. I also needed 2 steroid shots. One every 24 hours. If I stopped contracting, they would send me home. Well, to make a very long story short, I didn't stop contracting and gave birth to Benson Kyle on Friday, November 14th, 2008 at 3:56 p.m. He weighed 6lbs. 3oz., 18 1/2 inches long, and brown hair.
May I add, Friday at 2a.m., Kyle left the hospital to go home because he was getting the flu! As the morning continued, he kept getting worse, feeling deathly ill. He had never been this sick before. As I started dilating more, we kept Kyle updated. When it was time to push, Kyle was on speaker phone listening. It was very emotional not having my sweet husband there by my side to see our first baby born. But I am glad that I was able to talk to him on the phone to tell him what I beautiful baby we had. Kyle was really glad that he was able to hear our baby's first cry. Kyle cried for 15 minutes after Benson was born because he was so emotional that he couldn't be there for Benson's birth.
Benson was in the NIC-U for only one week. He made so much progress in such little time. He is our little fighter. He is so strong.
This whole experience has brought Kyle and I so much closer. Bringing Benson into this world has been a crazy road, but well worth it. We're so grateful for this trial that has made us stronger and more grateful for what we have in our life.
I feel that there is so much more to say. I just can't express it all. There is one thing I know for sure: The Lord doesn't give you too much that you can't handle. And he blesses you so much more than you could ever comprehend. With great sacrifice, there are great blessings. We have been blessed so much more than we thought we could be. We are so happy. We love our little Benny Boy soo much. It is so fun to watch him smile and make his cute faces. Thank you so much to all those who have given us love, service, and support... We love you all!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for little Benson coming!! :) He is absolutely adorable. You and Kyle are going to be amazing parents! Miss you guys! see you soon.
he is so dang cute! and i love how he smiles its so cute, he has gotten bigger since i saw him to!!! miss you guys
I dont even know if you remember me, but I just wanted to comment on how cute your little boy is!! I cant believe your story!! That breaks my heart for you that Kyle couldnt be there for the delivery! I'm glad everything worked out though and Congratulations!!
Post a Comment